Well .... it's an annual special running event for Special K and hence something we've always done "together" - of course by "together" I mean we've arrived at the start line together and met up at the finish line but not actually run together - and yet I continue to dread it in advance, not enjoy running it, and breathe a massive sigh of relief when it is over for another year. The 2015 Canberra Times 10km Fun Run is on next weekend and so my running thinking at the moment is stuck in the middle of the "will I, won't I?" debate. By this time next week I will have to have decided :)

4 comments:
I don't run it, it's on road. But it's local, short & a field full of lots of other runners you know. More like a nice Sunday morning outing surrounded by friends. Beats racing, so just do it and have fun.
You could try the 14k/5k double, like Claire Ashworth. Or dress up as Miss Piggy and run with Jim.
I like that approach Two Fruits.
You are kidding Ewen - ie, the 14km starts @ 8am & the 5km @ 9.30am. I'd have to actually BE Claire Ashworth to do that :). As for being Miss Piggy .... I know I've been lazy since the 100km but I'm not quite Miss Piggy size (yet!).
Which event(s) are you doing Ewen???
You could run 14 in 64 minutes then get a lift to the start of the 5k - no worries!
I'm racing the marathon for 5k runners. i.e. the 10k.
Post a Comment