The positives that came out of the whole GNW experience were: (a) Rob still made the 100km cut-off in time to meet the qualifying criteria for C2K (let's hope that holds firm and he gets at C2K start), and (b) Rob (and I) pulled up fatigued but injury free and not much was lost in terms of recovery and getting straight back into training.
Post Capital to Coast and GNW I have worn through two pairs of shoes. What a sad but happy experience - ie, I become very affectionate towards my shoes but by the same token I totally love buying new running "toys", including new shoes :).
I now have new Mizuno Inspires :). But .... they already look "well worn" ... :)

3 comments:
I'm going to send the Runners Shop broke - I don't run enough to wear out shoes these days!
And reason #38 why I don't run ultras - "You can run 130k and still get kicked off the course!"
I see you've been doing lots of biking Ewen. Are you still running Melb? That will at least put 10km on your shoes :)
I'd like to Liz. I'll do more research on flights - the ones coming back are expensive.
Post a Comment