I figure a short blog update is like a short run - ie, better than nothing.
2015 has got off to a busy start for me - ie, a continuation of a busy 2014 - hence the brevity :).
I kick started my running year with a run in the (hilly) Hobart Half Marathon on 11 January. I love this event! I've run the Hobart half and full marathon many times, and while this was the first year I'd run the "new" (read: amended/updated) course, it was still the same in terms of being a runner focussed, no fuss, well organised event. I thoroughly enjoyed it as per usual and was happy to achieve my goal of running even kilometres <5mins/km, finishing in 1.44.
The day after the Hobart Half Marathon, Special K and I hiked to the top of Mt Wellington. While it may not have been the best post "race" recovery recipe ever, it was the best use of great weather and we thoroughly enjoyed our hike and picnic in crystal clear, warm conditions (unusual for TAS!).
We were both fatigued x 2 the next day and had a lazy, non running day being tourists and visiting MONA. The next day was also (excessively!) lazy and then we flew home :).
Holidays away from home are great but so too is being at home, particularly when you are creatures of habit and love running and living in your own neighbourhood.
I ran easy post Hobart and then did a solid hiking day on Sunday 18 January, including parts of the Canberra Centenary Trail (One Tree Hill etc). And then it was all over .......... No more holidays ........ Back to work on Monday 19 Jan. It's all good though :). Work is good as usual and I'm back into my normal weekly run/cross training routine. 2015 is indeed off to a good start. I hope yours is too :)
4 comments:
A good start to the year indeed. I wish I could run sub 5 mins kms for a half. Not unusual to get warm weather in Hobart at all. In fact, back in August mid winter, when I was down there on holidays,Hobart was warmer than Canberra, the sea influence. Certainly don't get big frosts at sea level. On northwest coast on the same holiday, I was running in in singlet & recovery in Bass Strait.
Point to Pinnacle is on in November, run up Mt Wellington now you know the course.
I'm happy to run 5 minute ks at the Parkun. Sounds like a great short holiday in Tassie. Now that my mate Bruce has retired there I've got a good excuse to visit :)
I've considered doing Point to Pinnacle in the past Two Fruits but it goes up the road - yes? While that would be challenging and kind of fun I'm not sure it would be worth the flights and accom cost from Canberra and return. It's only 21km after all.
I'm glad you guys think <5min/kms is ok for a 52yr old little old lady. I keep thinking it's crap and yet other 52yr old little old ladies don't seem to run much faster. I guess we all wish we were as fast as we used to be and/or faster than we are now. But .....
the main thing for me is painfree running. I'm loving it!!!
Post a Comment