Sunday, July 27, 2014

Hunter Valley Running Festival

Last weekend I ran in another event that I'd never run in before. It was my third "new" event in the last 6 weeks. The first was the 25km as part of the GC100 early in June and the second was the inaugural Surfcoast trail marathon in Torquay at the end of June. This time it was the Hunter Valley 1/2 Marathon which is one of the Hunter Valley Running Festival events.

Again, I enjoyed running a new event on an interesting and challenging course (read: hilly!). And again, I enjoyed running in a reasonable degree of comfort - ie, at a steady pace and pretty close to painfree :). I finished in 1.50 which gave me 10th place in my division and was respectable enough given how hilly it was and how unfit I am.

I'll take running unfit and painfree over fit and in pain any day :).

Now I'm looking for my next "what next?" event :)

5 comments:

Ewen said...

Wow - what a mean SOB of a hill! Ouch! Painfree and unfit is the way to go. But you're not that unfit relative to the field - you're way up in that photo.

What next event? Coffee catch-up? Oh, Ruth gave indications when I last saw her of re-starting her blog!

Jog Blog said...

Yeah, that hill was @ 4km & was a real d-r-a-i-n.

Running (almost) painfree is sooooooooooooo liberating. Unfit is not so fun but can be built on.

I'm away the next 2 w'ends. Post run coffee Sat 16 Aug??

And what??!! Ruth back blogging??!! I'll believe it when I see it :)

Ewen said...

I'm in Wagga for the big trail run weekend 16/17 July - maybe the following?

Mention it when you see her - won't take much to tip her over the edge ;)

Ewen said...

That was 16/17 August!

Jog Blog said...

Gotcha. Will chat to Ruth & Cathy re: coffee Sat 23/8.