Sunday, August 24, 2014

Two 1/2 Marathons ≠ A Marathon

Ugh! I'm coming from behind again with my blog updates.

Long story, cut short ..... I've run two 1/2 marathons in the last few weeks - ie, the Brisbane 1/2 Marathon on 3 August and the ACT Vets 1/2 Marathon today. I ran both of them in almost exactly the same finish time - ie, 1.42/1.43. I was happy with both and while it may be "splitting hairs" I think today's 1.43 showed some improvement in 1/2 marathon fitness as today's course was much tougher than the Brisbane course.

Of course two 1/2 marathons ≠ a marathon - particularly when they are run 3 weeks apart(!). But .... both runs are making me feel more confident that a sub 3.30 marathon in the next ~6months is a possibility.

The other enormous plus is that I seem to be holding a recurrence of my previous serious injuries at bay and am running at about a 3/10 pain level.

There are so many things to be happy about :)

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Well, at least you didn't get as far as Ruth with blogging!

Nice half marathons and very nice about the low pain level. Melb should be a speedy course (if you're not tuckered out from all the shopping and coffeeing).