Short story ... I ran the inaugural 42km Surfcoast Trail Marathon in VIC on Sat 28 June. (It was actually 43.5km according to the GPS files of 1/2 doz of us - including mine - & that's convincing enough for me.). It was a wonderful event - well organised, great scenery etc. Having said that, like all events, there's always room for improvement and I'd have to say that the "gimmicky" finisher medals really didn't do justice to the quality of the rest of the event/organisation & they really need to be upgraded. No matter how fast or how slow you run or how seriously or not you take such an event, a tough 42+km trail event warrants a decent quality medal, not a "muck metal" token.
Prior to running the Surfcoast trail marathon I'd been sick for 2+ weeks with a serious head cold. It had been my first head cold in 2+ years and I'd forgotten how totally terrible they make you feel :(. And while the Surfcoast trail ultra/marathon went well for me I had an instaneous setback straight afterwards & have been sick ever since :(
So .... since the Surfcoast Trail (ultra) Marathon I've been pathetically plodding through short gym sessions and the occasional 5-10km run. In terms of injury though, I'm feeling good! So ... after kicking the head cold for good my plan is to find a half/full marathon to run - perhaps in/around September. The question is which one? Any AUS/NZ half/full marathons are options. Suggestions??

2 comments:
The Sydney Half or Marathon is a good one - I'll probably enter the 9k bridge run.
Be careful next year - we don't want to be bringing you to the Gold Coast with a head cold!
Also, watch out or you'll have more to catch up on your blog than Ruth has!
Post a Comment