I've been "following the formula" over the last ~10 days. In fact I've been following THREE formulas.
Formula 1: I've been adhering to my self imposed ban on diet coke. After a 5+yr daily consumption of the evil substance I decided "it was time". Thus far I have managed 8 diet coke free days, and while it took 4-5 days of considerable restraint and a MAJOR withdrawal headache, both have now subsided and I think I am over "the hump". It really is getting easier. I just wish I'd quit years ago.
Formula 2: I've been trying as hard as I can to stick to the Michelle Bridges 12wbt program. But .... (and it's a "good" but) I've had to vary the program a bit in order to be able to follow my ultra marathon training program as I lead into the taper for the Kep 100km event. In particular, that has meant improvising and doing my own cardio sessions - ie, running as per my 100km training program - and up-ing the food intake while keeping within her dietary guidelines.
Formula 3: I've been diligent in sticking to my 100km training program, particularly with respect to my last long run (45km), combining running with 5min walk breaks, training with my 6kg pack on, and practicing my race nutrition.
I can tell you, it has taken considerable effort and dedication to stick with all three formulas - ie, three major behaviour changes - all at once. I have been getting to the end of each day exhausted with the effort of it all.
But ... post the Kep 100km ultra, I hope to incorporate the most valuable features of all three formulas into my every day life. I have identified those valuable features as being: continuing the no diet coke routine, continuing the good dietary changes MB12wbt has brought about for me, and continuing the walk/run approach to training.
3 comments:
I have only just got around to checking in on some of my mates' running blogs. Ewen - you must be getting skinny! No running and yet you have lost weight. Hmmm ... I hope you keep that in check. And CJ ... I hope you hammie injury is responding to rest and treatment.
Jog, I didn't want to put on weight while I haven't been running. De-hoarding doesn't make me as hungry as running - it's low HR all day so must be burning fat. Plus there are no temptations at home - like Michelle's Bakery & the chip machine at work ;-)
Wow you are doing so well with your goals. 8 days without diet coke and a 45km run - so impressive. Just make sure you definitely eat more calories than on the program. You are amazing! The Kep challenge is looking good!
Post a Comment