Since my last blog entry I've been jogging along okay. I'm still doing modest weekly kms combined with gym work, which has kept me injury free and slowly increasing in fitness. I know that if I was doing run only training my fitness may be at a higher level than it is with the combination training. However, it could equally mean I'm injured again. Essentially, that's how it goes for me - ie, there's a very fine balance between just enough run training and too much before the law of diminishing returns sets in in the form of stress fractures. Since this weekend is the anniversary of me fracturing my pelvis while running, I know which I'd prefer :). I'm soooooooooooooooo glad not to be feeling the pain and depression of that right now :).
I'll do a 2014 year in review and 2015 preview over the next week or so. Until then ... I'm off to do some speedwork with Xmas gift buying and some endurance work with Xmas cooking. Cheers!

4 comments:
Cheers Liz. Sorry we missed you on the weekend. A coffee catch-up in the new year?
At least you've been a more regular blogger than Ruth (whose blog now goes to a dodgy looking page of dodgy links) :-(
All the best for 2015!
Thanks Ewen for being both a consistent blog comment-er & consistent running mate. Methinks blogging and Facebook-ing are declining per se, but even more so for busy people. It would be nice to see our core run bloggers get back into the habit of sharing running stories/updates. Perhaps we need to suggest a joint New Year Blogging Resolution with Ruth, CJ et al??
Great idea! We'll do that. See you next year :)
Ok you guys I've done it! I've restarted my blog - took a while to fix all the dodginess though. Happy New Year Liz. Here's to an injury free happy, healthy year ahead. Will be great to catch up again soon. xx
Post a Comment