Friday, May 30, 2014

Consistency

Running consistently isn't normally what I consider running "news". However, since this weekend marks exactly 12mths since the Baker's Cyst inside my knee cap ruptured during the Kep 100km in WA, and it is getting on for 6mths since I fractured my pelvis (ie, almost exactly 6mths after the Baker's Cyst eruption), it is indeed news - and good news at that - that I have been running consistently for the last few months :). Better still, and even more newsworthy, is the fact that I've been running with less pain than I've had for the last 2+ years.

I'm still mixing up the running and the cross training. It's a combination which is not only working for me but it is one that I have grown to love. On that note, and for the sake of sharing some real news, let me tell you about the new "running" toy that I really, really, really want. It's one of these! (see pic).

From all the research I've done this would give me the best running like cross training I could get - ie, the elliptical, no impact running motion done outdoors on any terrain I like; from hilly trail to flat, fast road. Pity about the $3000+ price tag. In other words, it's going to remain a want for some time to come. Next time I'm in Sydney though (ie, closest AUS supplier) I plan on giving one a test run. Judging by how my previous running toy obsessions have progressed I reckon a test run might see my want transformed into a need. :)

2 comments:

Ewen said...

I want one too! I've seen one in Canberra, near the GGs going around the lake - looked like fun. When you get yours, I'll try it ;)

BTW, great news about your consistent jogging and pain free!

Jog Blog said...

Really!!?? I wonder who owns the one you saw "running" near GGs??? I just HAVE to have one :)