Capital I really paid the price for that decision last night. He was struck by a striker who hit his shin with full force instead of the ball. Result: tibia fractured right through and plaster from groin to ankle for the next 6+ weeks.
May be it would have happened even if he'd had shin pads on but .... the parental view is that shin pads were invented for a very good reason. Having said that, we are resting our case at that as he is now facing up to 6+ months of rehabilitation and that is simply devastating. That is more(!) than enough to feel terrible about.
After my 10 weeks of pelvic fracture repair I sooooooooooooooo feel his pain. The expression "here we go again" (albeit it in a de facto kind of way) comes to mind. So too do expressions such as "one day at a time" and "remember to breathe".

3 comments:
Thanks to all who have called/emailed. Capital I and the rest of our family really appreciate your concern & visits.
Oh Liz what a very tough lesson to learn. Poor Capital I. I do hope the next few weeks and months are not too uncomfortable for him and that his recovery is complete. Big hugs. xx
Breathing is good in cases like this. Make sure you stay upright on the scooter!
Post a Comment