Like all special family occasions, it was mostly joyful, but also a time of remembering those who couldn't be with us; particularly my dad, "Big Bob", who passed away 2.5 years ago now.
I paid tribute to both mum and dad in my impromptu birthday speech (photo) before we all enjoyed the most amazing chocolate cake.
While in Ballarat I took the opportunity to run my normal run on the Steve Moneghetti running track around Lake Wendouree. It was so nice to be back running in enough post injury comfort to enjoy the running part of the weekend, particularly given the atypical GREAT weather :)

3 comments:
Great weather in Ballarat? I'd like to see THAT!
Ooooooh yes Speedygeoff .... it was 23deg with no wind and full on sunshine. That is AMAZING for Ballarat :)
Great occassion and cake!
Weather sounds just like it is now in Canberra - perfect for an afternoon run!
Post a Comment