Saturday, August 17, 2013

Four Good Things

Another fortnight has past since my last blog entry. At least fortnightly blog updates are better than none. Sometimes it's a struggle to find the time to do them. Sometimes it's a struggle to find something worth blogging about :)

Anyway .... I'm happy to report four good things:

(a) My ruptured Baker's Cyst inside/behind my left knee cap has resolved :)

(b) My impinged C7/C8 nerve has improved to about 80%. (I still have a painful patch across my shoulder and down my left tricep, and I still have three numb fingers but it's definitely a lot better).

(c) The mega doses of anti-inflammatories and pain killers that I have been taking for my C7/C8 nerve impingement have had a positive impact on reducing my longstanding osteo-arthritic knee pain. (Shhhhh ..... there's no need to mention that that will probably go backwards now that I'm coming off all that medication).

(d) I've been training quite consistently for the last two weeks both with running and cross training. My kilometerage is modest to say the least but I'll take consistent and modest any day over prohibitively painful and/or not at all :)

So, I think things are on the up :)

3 comments:

Two Fruits said...

Good to see some positive improvement at last. Yep, any running be it fast, slow, long or short is great both to mind & soul. Keep going, & hopefully some warm weather may help as well.

Ewen said...

Good to hear from you Liz. That all sounds positive (except for having to come off the drugs - if only they didn't have side effects!). At least you don't play the piano for a living ;-)

Jog Blog said...

Warm weather helps everything Two Fruits. I'm so over these cold windy days. Bring on the heat of summer I say :)