As most of my regular blog readers would know, I have been doing more cross training over recent months because of the severe osteoarthritis in my knees. Most of my cross training has been gym based and I've been lucky to be a member of two different gyms. I use both at different times and for different types of cross training sessions. This week I added a third gym membership to my list. In my new job, all staff get complimentary use of the on-site, fully equipped gym. While I am never going to have enough time slots in the week to use all three gyms super regularly, it is very nice to now have three different gym options. This has been particularly good for changing my attitude to gym work per se in that I used to think all gyms and all gym work sessions were boring but I am finding that with three different gym options the atmosphere, the equipment and the classes at each are very varied, and it has led me to not just change my mind about gyms and gym work but to actually enjoy them more than I ever thought I would.
2 comments:
Three Gyms! I'm going to have to officially classify you as a 'gym junkie'!
Must say I loved the gym at the Bellagio - lovely receptionists and also 'trainers' bringing you a fresh damp towel half way through a treadmill run :)
Hehehehe .... sure, some of the gym "scenery" is aesthetically pleasing for sure :) But ... it's just not running.
Post a Comment