The most abnormal aspects of this past week included (a) a 2am emergency call from my mother-in-law and a middle of the night ambulance trip to hospital with her, and (b) the departure of Capital I as he headed off overseas for the rest of the year. I'm still reeling from both of those events and am sure that the flow on effects of both of them are likely to make this coming week abnormal as well - ie, my mother-in-law is set to be in hospital for another 7-10 days, and I'm still trying to adjust to not having Capital I around. However, if everything else is routine this coming week, then perhaps it will less abnormal and more normal than the week just gone.
Even though things were a bit topsy turvy this past week I did manage to do all of the running and cross training sessions I had scheduled for myself except for Wed West :( Yet again it fell by the wayside. Perhaps that was a blessing though, as I found out afterwards that the pace was 4.45min/km and I would have struggled to hit and maintain that. This week my main running priority is just to make it to the Wed West training session. How I run when I get there and how I run for the rest of the week is less important to me. It's the normality I'm craving.
2 comments:
I'd be doing my best to miss a training session if I knew they'd be running at marathon race-pace ;-)
Hope things are more normal for you this week. How's the medication going?
You are right Ewen ... while I didn't deliberately miss last Wed West's session (it was all because of being up all night and being over tired etc) it was a blessing as I wouldn't have coped with the pace and that would have made me feel worse about the universe including how crappily I'm running at the moment.
The osteo-arthritis medication has been a blessing. The plateau point of reduced inflammation and reduced pain is good enough - ie, good enough for me to run a few decent sessions per week. That's a lot better than where I was at 6-8 weeks ago :)
Post a Comment