Saturday, October 15, 2011

Sick Leave

Following last Sunday's Melbourne Marathon, the head cold I already had got worse, MUCH worse. It is many years since I have had such a bad cold and I'd forgotten how truly miserable they make you feel. I have ached from head to toe and been so congested I could hardly breathe. Needless to say about the only part of me that has done much running this week has been my nose! It's been doing a full 6 day event!

Today I enjoyed an easy outing with GEM on bike followed by brunch in the sun. It was lovely.

I think I'm over the worst of the cold now and am looking forward to feeling better so I can get back into my new training program again this week.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Sounds awful! Could have been a cold/flu/virus combo. Glad you weren't contagious when we were enjoying the post-race coffees ;) Get well soon!