Saturday, April 16, 2011

Trials and Tribulations



My post marathon running this week has been short and slow. Planned or not, taking it easy has been a good thing as my anaemia hasn't improved at all and neither has my infected toe. (I guess ~3hrs in water-logged shoes during the marathon didn't help the toe!) So, I'm persisting with the heavy duty iron supplement treatment (despite my tummy's protest - ugh!) and I'm on to my second lot of antibiotics. Hopefully both will start to improve soon.

On top of my body have it's own little mini breakdown, I've also had to contend with some equipment failure this week - ie, the band on my Garmin 310XT snapped clean off. Just like that! Of course I couldn't get a genuine Garmin replacement instantly (not that I'd be impatient or anything!) and so I went for a plain grey band from the watch repairer in Civic until my genuine one arrives. According to the Garmin parts supplier the replacement band comes with its own tool to put it on with. Hmmmm ..... I really hope the instructions are dumbed right down so I can do it. Actually, I think it might be a job for Special K.

Despite all these trials and tribulations I still have a good feeling about the Griffin marathon last weekend, and I'm looking forward to things picking up so I can move on to my next goal running event (yet to be determined).

1 comment:

strewth said...

Bad news about your Garmin band - grrr! Hope the replacement arrives soon. We missed you at coffee this morning:( Incidentally,Ewen took a photo of us becoming Griffins last Sunday. It's on my FB and blog for you to borrow:) It's taken on his iphone so a bit blurry but at least we have one for posterity!! I do hope your poor toe AND poor body feel 100% soon!