Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Time Off - Time On

WOW! I've been slack with blogging :(. Thankfully I've been on holidays for the last two weeks and have been able to catch up on lots of things. Today it is my blog's turn :).

Since running the Kep 100km I've been reflecting on my running goals for the remainder of the year. Having already achieved my two main running goals for this year - ie, (1) to run the Canberra Marathon in my Griffin singlet and (2) to take up my race director's invite at the Kep 100km and put the 2012 DNF demons to rest - I don't feel any pressure to set myself anything too big or hard; particularly since my enduring running goal is just to keep running pain free and injury free. However, in addition to three sizeable crewing/pacing commitments (ie, a 100km and 160km in September, and the C2K 240km in December), I think I'll aim for the Melbourne Marathon in October. I haven't entered yet though as every time I enter an event well in advance - particularly a marathon - I seem to jinx myself and I get sick or injured and don't make it to the start line. Hence, my plan is to do the training and if I'm in good shape a few weeks out from the marathon then I'll "just do it".

Here's a pic of the lovely site of my recent holiday running at Port Douglas. If you've never been there, do it! It's wonderful.

2 comments:

Ewen said...

Very jealous of your Port Douglas holiday! Hope to see you in Melbourne. If your training isn't up to marathon standards, enter the 10k and join me for shopping :)

Jog Blog said...

I'm in! I've booked flights & accom but haven't entered any particular event yet. I'll wait and see how training goes. Plan A is the marathon, followed by Plan B - Half Marathon, Plan C - 10km, Plan D - shopping, coffee, wining & dining. See you there!