Saturday, September 13, 2014

Canberra Times 10km

It's only ten days since my last post. I'm getting better. My aim is to get back to weekly updates.

Last weekend I ran the Canberra Times 10km Fun Run. I have to be honest, I have never been a fan of this run. I've always found it to be both a long slog of a course and a pretty bland one at that. But ... it's one of Special K's favourites and so I run in it as often as I can as it's one of our little family traditions. This year was actually Special K's 31st Canberra Times Fun Run. Now that's impressive and worth celebrating. As it happened, we both had pretty good runs this year. He ran 44mins and I ran 45mins.

Immediately after the Canberra Times Fun Run I headed off to Melbourne for work. While there, I enjoyed running along the banks of the Yarra River and some laps of the Tan. The latter brought back some nice memories of when I ran/won the Tan Ultra 100km and came 3rd in the 50km in consecutive years. I think I might do the Tan again one day :)

I'm home again now and glad that after four 1/2 marathons and a 10km event in the last couple of months I'm giving myself a lazy weekend this weekend. Well, it will be lazy in terms of running anyway but not in terms of uni study. I'm k-i-l-o-m-e-t-r-e-s behind with my lectures, tutes and assignments. Time to get moving.

6 comments:

Ewen said...

31 is a great record! You had a good run. 45 is a dream time for me - not sure I can ever run that fast again.

Back to work so you can save up for Melbourne shopping!

Jog Blog said...

I have organised an elliptigo ride for me and you (Ewen) in Melb for when we are there in Oct :)

Ewen said...

Awesome! Can't wait - you can go first so you can give me some tips on how to look like they do on the videos! (not crash)

Jog Blog said...

We need to choose our preferred elliptigo day/time option Ewen. Sat afternoon? Sunday afternoon? Monday morning? What do you think?

Ewen said...

Sat afternoon at the moment is safest for me as I haven't found out about extending my stay until Monday. When do you have to book?

Jog Blog said...

Sat arvo sounds good! I just have to msg the Melb elliptigo guy and let him know. I'll let you know if he says yes/no or suggests an alternative day/time :)