

Special K and I just got back from NZ where we did some more(!) celebrating of my 50th birthday. We spent a few days in Queenstown and then hiked the Milford Track before returning to Queenstown for another couple of days prior to flying home. We fluked amazingly good weather throughout the trip. In Queenstown it was warm and sunny every day, and out on the track there was only a couple of short, light drizzly patches over five full days. The weather must have known it was my 50th and that one of the best presents anyone could ever give me is warm, sunny weather :) I think these pics speak for themselves. Clearly, we had a terrific time.
With ~8+hrs of hiking every day, I didn't do any running while out on the Milford Track. However, I did run in Queenstown on our days there. There was a lovely dirt trail from our apartment into the town, via a beautiful loop around the botanic gardens. Running is definitely a great way to be a tourist - ie, exploring and taking in the sights.
I have a few more days off before my 50th birthday holiday is over. I've had the most wonderful time thanks to my fabulous family and friends :)
3 comments:
I thought 'that can't be New Zealand!' - I can't see long black clouds and constant rain. Glad you had a fantastic time - perfect way to celebrate if you ask me.
Great photos Liz, and it looks beautiful.
Stunning photos. Thank you for sharing:)
Post a Comment